Python and Notebooks
- Use a shared Python session to execute Python chunks via reticulate
- Simple bindings to access R objects from Python chunks and vice versa
- Show matplotlib plots emitted by Python chunks
- Store passwords and secrets securely with keyring by calling rstudioapi::askForSecret()
- Install keyring directly from dialog prompt
- Author D3 visualizations in RStudio and preview in the Viewer pane
- Use r2d3 D3 visualizations in R Notebook chunks
- Run any R script as a background job in a clean R session
- Monitor progress and see script output in real time
- Optionally give jobs your global environment when started, and export values back when complete
- Author SQL queries in RStudio and preview in the SQL Results pane
- Run Tests command in testthat R scripts for direct running
- testthat output in the Build pane with navigable issue list
- Integration with shinytest to record and run Shiny app tests
- Create PowerPoint presentations with R Markdown
- Specify a primary CRAN URL and secondary CRAN repos from the package preferences pane.
- Link to a package’s primary CRAN page from the packages pane.
- Configure CRAN repos with a repos.conf configuration file and the r-cran-repos-file option.
- Suggest additional secondary CRAN repos with the r-cran-repos-url option.
- Create Plumber APIs in RStudio
- Execute Plumber APIs within RStudio to view Swagger documentation and make test calls to the APIs
- Publish Plumber APIs to RStudio Connect
- Git ‘Create Branch’ dialog defaults to remote associated w/current branch (if any)
- Added link to purrr cheat sheet (in Help) and link to browse all cheat sheets
- Added option to temporarily disable environment pane refreshing
- Improve NSE detection for dplyr (better understands S3 dispatch and idioms)
- Add ability to search for displayed database objects in Connections tab (#1549)
- Add button to open profiler output in an external browser (#1657)
- Add option to show the R Markdown render command used when knitting (#1658)
- Add option to show hidden files in the Files pane (#1769)
- Upgrade embedded Pandoc to 2.2.1 (#1807)
- Allow renames that change only file case on Windows (#1886)
- Remember scroll position when navigating in Help pane (#1947)
- Show warning when attempting to edit a generated file (#2082)
- Allow opening .ini files with file.edit (#2116)
- Add shinymod snippet for Shiny modules (#2078)
- Allow changing zoom level without reloading (#2125)
- New command ‘Pull with Rebase’ to pull and rebase a branch in a single step (#2151)
- Click on promises in the Environment pane now calls force on the promise
- Add Rename command to File menu for quick rename of current file (#2199)
- Numeric filtering in data viewer shows value distribution and supports user-entered values (#2230)
- Improved support for custom knitr engines in R Notebooks (#2401)
- Add support for viewing external web URLs in the Viewer pane (#2252)
- Add option to disable drag-and-drop for text in the editor (#2428)
- Add option to disable cursor save/load; improves performance on some Windows machines (#2778)
- R startup files (e.g. .Rprofile) are now always saved with trailing newlines (#3029)
- Update embedded libclang to 5.0.2 (Windows only)
- RStudio now a 64-bit application on Windows (Linux and Mac are already 64-bit)
- Fix “Invalid byte sequence” when spell checking
- Fix incorrect Git status pane display when git detects that a file has been copied
- Fix hang when submitting empty passwords and password encryption is turned off (#1545)
- Fix HTTP 500 error when navigating to directories such as /js/ (#1561)
- Fix issue where Build pane would get ‘stuck’ on failed Rcpp::compileAttributes() call (#1601)
- Fix low/no-contrast colors with HTML widgets in notebooks with a dark theme (#1615)
- Fix invalid YAML in some cases when changing R Markdown output type via dialog (#1609)
- Fix error when quitting while a function named q() is present (#1647)
- Fix crash when executing multiple R Notebook chunks with a failing Rcpp chunk (#1668)
- Fix missing blank lines in code chunks in R Notebook preview (#1556)
- Fix selection in Files pane when files are modified while checked (#1715)
- Fix incorrect truncation of some R object descriptions in Environment pane (#1703)
- Fix duplicate prompts in each window when using RStudio API showPrompt (#1706)
- Fix proxy timeouts with the websocket used for the Terminal, via keepalive messages (#1860)
- Fix file.edit failures with Chinese filenames on Windows (#1868)
- Fix errors when importing non-ASCII filenames in base Import Dataset (#1910)
- Fix rserver crash that can occur when proxying websockets to Shiny apps (#2061)
- Fix hang on some Linux systems caused by X11 clipboard monitoring w/ option to disable monitoring (#2068)
- Fix empty column titles when viewing matrices without column names (#2086)
- Fix error when pressing F1 on non-function autocomplete results (#2127)
- Fix hang when autocompleting filenames in large directories (#2236)
- Fix inability to copy content from Viewer pane and data viewer in IE11 (#2351)
- Fix errant addition of msys-ssh to path on non-Windows platforms (#2352)
- Fix buggy behavior with when ANSI colors are present (#2387)
- Fix external process slowness (git, etc.) when open file limit RLIMIT_NOFILE is high (#2470)
- Fix issue caused by resolving symlinks when choosing Git path (#2476)
- Fix display of consecutive spaces in the Data Viewer (#2499)
- Fix issue where ‘#’ in YAML strings would be highlighted as comments (#2591)
- Fix over-eager loading of yaml package when IDE starts up (#2602)
- Fix issue on Windows with R dialogs showing behind RStudio window (#2901)
- Fix unresponsive buttons in Connections pane when connection deletion is cancelled (#2644)
- Fix RStudio hang when installing packages (e.g. BH) in Packrat projects on Windows (#1864)
RStudio Server Pro
- Overhauled R versions, allowing you to specify version labels, load environment modules, and execute a prelaunch script when loading specific versions.
- New rsession-diagnostics-enabled option for rserver.conf to enable session launch diagnostics mode to help diagnose session launch failures.
- Added support for auth-pam-sessions-use-password option in a load balanced setup.
- Added ability to suspend sessions from user home page.
- Added hmac signature verification for proxy auth mode with new auth-proxy-require-hmac option in rserver.conf.
- Add nodes to RStudio Server Pro load-balanced clusters without service interruptions.
RStudio Pro Drivers
- Discover, install and uninstall RStudio Pro Drivers from the New Connection wizard.